Tuesday 3 April 2012

Communication

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say hello after a bit of an absence. To be honest I wanted to write a post a couple of weeks ago but it was going to be terribly whiny and I couldn't bring myself to send it. Unfortunately we'd had a bit of a disastrous meal when I took my mum out for Mothers Day and, seriously, all I've wanted to do ever since is complain! I really must write to that pub and tell them (life's even got in the way of a good moan!)

On the brighter side I was lucky enough to go to the Vegetarian Cookery School a couple of weeks ago and spent a day making Italian food. I love Italian food and the delicious but simple nature of the techniques and ingredients were genius. Janifer and Helen were brilliant and it was great to spend the day with them. When I got home I got straight on to eBay and managed to get an Imperia pasta maker for a great price, last weekend I made roasted butternut squash tortellini. I ended up with so much extra pasta dough that I made some tagliatelle and I had that tonight with some pesto. Fabulous!

For a simple Sunday dinner this weekend I cut an acorn squash in half, hollowed it out and filled the cavity with a vegetarian sausage mix (something I rarely use). I then roasted the squash for an hour or so until it was nice and soft.

More foodie writing soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment