Monday 9 February 2015

Easy does it on a Monday!

Well today was low on effort and cooking as I'd already done some preparation. Yesterday I made a g-free loaf, the first time I'd done so without using a shop bought flour mix. It wasn't perfect (slightly undercooked in the middle) but pretty good all the same. When I'm better at it I'll share the recipe. In the meantime, some things I've learnt! Potato flour and potato starch are not the same thing. They cannot be interchanged so no swapsies! But... tapioca flour and tapioca starch are the same thing and can be interchanged. Plus, to confuse it all, arrowroot is also tapioca! The recipe I was following used potato starch, tapioca starch and arrowroot starch. I didn't have any potato starch so I just used tapioca flour instead of the starches (although I did swap out 1/2 cup for post flour as the mix was looking too white!!!) So the bread made a really nice sandwich for lunch (I rarely have sandwiches). For dinner I fetched some lentil joe mix (from the book Happy Herbivore Light and Lean) from the freezer and served it over potato waffles. I'd just got back from a Pilates class so this was quick and easy, with just a little nutritional yeast on top for added B vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment