Saturday 3 March 2012

Cake (and cleansing)....

Today was a happy day!

On the first Saturday of the month from March thru December the team from Honeybuns, a wheat and gluten free bakery, open their Bee Shack cafe to the public for light lunches and cake. Despite not being far away from where I live I haven't been able to visit previously due to lack of transportation so once I got that side of my life sorted I was enthusiastic about the first Bee Shack day of 2012! The weather was lovely as we headed out of Somerset and into the neighbouring county of Dorset, along winding country roads. Once there we opted for the 'Tapas for two' - a sundried tomato, red onion and cheddar tart between two and a selection of local cheeses, houmous, olives, pickled cucumber and honey roasted nuts. The tart was utterly delicious, as were the accompanying nibbles. Being at Honeybuns it would be rude to skip dessert and it was a choice between a warm chocolaty 'Heathcliffe Brownie' or a lemony 'Snowy Hills' with cream. I went for the lighter lemon option and it was divine!

Given the opportunity to stock up on cakes for home I bought some triple chocolate Tinkers and a tray of Heathcliffe brownies for freezing. Their cakes and tarts are for sale via their website if you're unable to make it to the Bee Shack. I have tried about 95% of their range over the last couple of years and can recommend everything!!!!

Having somewhat over indugled at lunchtime my body was craving a light dinner so I opted for a salad wrap. I grabbed a couple of handfuls of rocket and placed these in the middle of a tortilla, added half a diced pepper and then warmed some sundried tomatos and pesto before adding this to the top of the pile. Wrap the wrap and enjoy the taste! To follow this I had a bowl of mango wedges and an orange to top up my vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment