Friday 9 March 2012

Pie and cleansing

So it's been National Pie Week here in the UK. Pies have been popular for thousands of years and were designed as a way to easily contain ingredients for consumption later on. Pies and pasties have been especially popular in the UK as a way for working men (farmers, sailors) to take a meal to work with them, meat and potatos - staple foods - are simple to hold together in a pastry cake along with some gravy to eat on the go.

I rarely eat pies and pasties due to the calorie count of the pastry but I went shopping with my mum and the store was celebrating Pie Week so I gave one a go. This particular pie contained sweet potato, goats cheese, onion, spinach and garlic along with a smattering of sesame seeds over the top of the pastry. I must admit that it was utterly delicious! A one off treat admittedly but lovely for a change.

After all of the naughtiness my body needed some goodness! For tea I made a nice big plate of stir-fry veg with garlic and served it up with a small pile of rice noodles and shoyu sauce. Healthy, lovely and vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment