Thursday 1 March 2012

Down Mexico way....


It is true that I love Mexican food and this has been even more the case since I went to the Mexican cooking day at the Vegetarian Cookery School in Bath. This course is only held once per year, when the chillis are perfectly in season. In southern England we are lucky to have a number of chilli growers who can supply plants and seeds as well as sauces, chutneys and a variety of other products enhanced with this wonderful spice. It was amazing to be surrounded by such variety and colour of chilli and I think most of us were surprised that there were so many to choose from. My new favourite chilli became the habanero, it looks good and has a fantastic amount of heat!

Today I enjoyed a big bowl of sopa de maize and for dinner I had a tortilla wrap filled with frijoles negro (black beans) and creme fraiche along with a side salad of rocket and some grated cheddar. The sopa de maize and frijoles negro are completely vegan too so they're suitable for anyone who avoids dairy - winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment