Monday 27 February 2012

Tasty snack

Today has been a fairly non-eventful day in terms of cooking. Doing the early morning dash to work, packed-lunch thing means that from 6am-6pm Monday-Friday I'm nowhere near the kitchen. Breakfast was, however, a delicious mix of fruit (blueberries) with barley and yoghurt along with some pistachios. Lunch was a grab-from-the-freezer homemade soup (in this case, spicy parsnip) and some crackers n fruit. Soup is my favourite lunch and yes, I even indulge in the summer despite the strange looks that I get from colleagues when I'm enjoying this traditionally cold weather treat!


I wasn't in the mood for much when I got home from work as I was running late and planning to do some yoga - this plan got scuppered when I was reminded of the David Hockney documentary being shown on BBC2! I did manage to defrost one of the sweet potato burgers I'd made last week and served it up with some shallow-friend halloumi shavings, sun dried tomatoes and a side-dish of rocket. Fairly simple and low-brow but utterly delish!

No cooking at all for me tomorrow as I'll be out - going straight to the cinema to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" after work. Looking forward to some light-hearted comedy and a brilliantly talented cast (just hope the film is as good as the trailer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment