Friday 17 February 2012

Barley for breakfast?


I've been following Monica Shaw's Twitter feed for the last few days and was pleasantly surprised when she Tweeted a breakfast which included barley. I must admit that my week day breakfasts are pretty dull affairs as they're generally grabbed on the way out of the door or eaten at the office so this gave me a queue to jazz things up.

Here it is, the barley breakfast platter:

pearl barley (cooked and cooled)
yoghurt (in this case Yeo Valley organic limited edition passionfruit flavour)
chopped banana
cashews
prunes

So many textures on one little plate! The flavours go really well together and the basic components of barley, fruit and nuts are infinitely interchangeable. I've also seen an idea of wild rice for breakfast which I may give a go another time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, we totally eat the same foods. :) Though I usually do almonds or pecans. ;)

    ReplyDelete